Friday, December 8, 2006

First Friday in Advent

You can find the "Following the Star" Advent devotionals here. You are welcome to add your own reflections or prayers with the "comment" button.

"I have not experienced everything God has to offer." Wow. That line from today's devotional really hit me. I know so many people who believe that they have experienced everything God has to offer. "I tried Christianity once for awhile, but it wasn't for me." "I went to church when I was a kid, but I grew out of it." "My (dad, mom, friend, co-worker) says he/she is a Christian, but I don't see it making much of a difference."

Experiencing everything God has to offer takes time (and even then, it's not everything). It also takes commitment. And all too truly, the people who claim to know God many times don't act in ways that help others experience more of God.

I wonder if there are ways that I can hold out hope to those who believe they've seen all there is to see, who believe they've experienced all there is to experience.

Lord, give me what I need to experience more of you, and show me ways to share that with others.

No comments: